Tragic accidents often have life-changing consequences: heavy medical bills, lost pay, rehabilitation expenses, and even worse, pain and suffering. If you or someone you care about has been injured in an accident because of someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. Consider consulting the experienced Dalton personal injury lawyers at Hines Law.
Recovering from an accident will require a great deal of time and energy. It can be daunting even beginning to think about pursuing legal action. We treat each of our Dalton personal injury cases with the utmost respect and dedication. With the support of our legal experts, regaining control of your life is within your reach after sustaining a serious injury. If you have any questions about your legal options, please contact us so we can help.
Related Article: WHAT IF YOU’RE AT FAULT FOR AN ACCIDENT?
Common Causes of Personal Injuries in Dalton
It is in your best interest to consult a personal injury lawyer in Dalton if you have been injured because of the negligence of a third party. Here are some of the most common personal injury cases in Dalton:
Known as “Georgia’s Deadliest,” I-75 is a notoriously dangerous stretch of road in the state. It’s estimated that from 2015 to 2017, there were 111 fatalities on I-75 during the summer months, not including traffic-related injuries that occurred on the highway. Nevertheless, accidents can happen at any moment because of greater interstate speeds, which increase the probability of crashes. Those who have been in a car accident may suffer from whiplash, traumatic brain injuries, or even amputations.
Tragically, motorcycle-related accidents claimed the lives of more than 5,500 individuals in 2020, according to estimates from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Motorcyclists are 28 times more likely to die in accidents than passengers in cars.
Getting attacked by a dog can be deadly. Even the slightest bites might lead to infection or illnesses like rabies. These complications can require extensive medical procedures, or the victim can suffer long-term repercussions. About 27,000 Americans undergo surgery each year due to dog bites and attacks.
Slip and Falls
Especially for the elderly, slips and falls can lead to life-threatening injuries. Accidents like this are among the most common reasons why people are injured or die each year in Dalton. Victims of these catastrophes are sometimes left with expensive medical bills and a long time off from work. For some people, a single fall might have long-lasting ramifications.
Related Article: WHAT ARE THE COMMON TYPES OF PERSONAL INJURY CLAIMS IN GEORGIA?
Determining If You Have a Personal Injury Case
If all four of these essential components apply to your scenario, you may have grounds for a personal injury claim in Dalton:
- The other party owes you a duty of care: In most cases, this is the simplest part to prove because people are often expected to avoid injuring others.
- The other party failed to uphold their duty: It’s up to you to prove that the other party failed to meet this obligation.
- Your injuries were caused by the other party’s negligence: It’s not enough that the other person was careless and you were hurt. You must be able to show a causal connection.
- Real, quantifiable damages: You must demonstrate that the injuries you experienced caused actual, measurable harm.
Types of Compensation for Personal Injury Cases
Just as each accident is unique, so are the damages that can be recovered. With the expertise of a personal injury attorney, these damages can be quantified so that you can collect the compensation you deserve.
Losses that can be compensated for include the following:
- Loss of property: The expense of repairing or replacing any personal property damaged or destroyed due to the accident.
- Medical Expenses: The party at fault may be required to pay for your medical bills to treat accident-related injuries.
- Loss of wages and earning capacity: Your injuries may prevent you from working. As a result, you may be entitled to compensation for the lost time. Your future earning capacity is also taken into account while calculating for settlement.
- Pain and suffering: An accident victim’s pain and suffering should be compensated. The most challenging part is establishing how much compensation the victim is due, but this can be handled by an experienced attorney.
How Dalton Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help
You deserve compensation for your injuries, including the expense of medical care and any property damage or missed wages you may have suffered. Our Dalton personal injury attorneys will do everything in their power to ensure you receive the compensation you are due.
Since each accident is unique, the specifics of each situation need to be properly considered. In these cases, a knowledgeable personal injury lawyer can be of immense help. Here are some of the things an attorney will do for you:
- Consider the facts: An attorney specializing in personal injury claims will do whatever it takes to ensure their client receives as much compensation as possible.
- Gather proof: Your lawyer will assist you in conducting witness interviews, collecting the accident report, and compiling further information. They’ll also refer you to medical professionals who can help you recuperate from the injury.
- Communicate with insurance companies: Attorneys can evaluate information on insurance coverage and determine how much compensation a client is entitled to receive. For your convenience, they can help you handle all interactions with the other party’s insurance company.
- Filing a personal injury lawsuit: A personal injury lawyer is responsible for contacting the insurance company, preparing court documents, starting the investigation, and representing their clients. If a jury trial is necessary, the lawyer will advocate for their clients in court to obtain the maximum compensation.
Related Article: HOW SOCIAL MEDIA MAY IMPACT YOUR ATLANTA PERSONAL INJURY CLAIM
The Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Claims in Georgia
Personal injury claims in Georgia must be filed within two years of the accident. However, an accident might take time to investigate and analyze, regardless of how fast it looks. That’s why you should contact a Dalton personal injury attorney to work on your claim as early as possible.
Related Article: WHAT IS THE COURT PROCESS IN A PERSONAL INJURY CASE?
Let Our Experienced Dalton Personal Injury Lawyers Represent Your Case
It’s critical to have confidence in your lawyer’s abilities and dedication when faced with a difficult legal matter, so make sure that your lawyer is up to the task when the stakes are high.
If you’ve been injured in an accident due to another party’s negligence and require legal assistance, Hines Law can help. We work on a contingency basis, which means that when you hire us, you won’t have to pay us a penny unless we successfully litigate your case.
We’re here to safeguard and defend your legal rights, so allow our Dalton personal injury lawyers to deal with the difficulties and frustrations of pursuing a claim. If you have any queries or issues, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Your initial consultation is always free.