ALL CHARGES REDUCED IN COBB COUNTY, GA
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 15, 2018
- Running a Red Light
- Possession of Marijuana Charge
- Cobb County Courthouse
COBB COUNTY – Frederick Mann, Jr. of The Law Offices of Matthew C. Hines. LLC successfully resolved another case today in Cobb County State Court.
The client had been stopped for going through a red light and was then told by the Officer he smelled cannabis in the defendant’s vehicle. The defendant was arrested when a small amount of marijuana was discovered, and was charged with both cannabis possession and failure to heed a traffic signal device.
The client pleaded as follows today:
- NO CONTEST to running the red light (no fine, credit for 1 day in jail at time of arrest), and
- GUILTY to possession of the cannabis, for 12 months probation (less 1 day),
- a $300 fine,
- 60 hours of community service, and
- a drug evaluation and
- any recommended counseling.
The State and judge agreed the defendant would be eligible for a conditional discharge (complete dismissal) of the cannabis charge and early termination of supervision at 6 months if he completed that much of his probation successfully.