No one ever expects to be in a car accident. But if you or a loved one has been involved in an accident, you know how quickly the bills can start to pile up. You may be facing expensive medical bills, time off work, and damage to your vehicle. And if the accident was caused by another driver’s negligence, you may feel angry and overwhelmed.
If you’re dealing with the aftermath of a car accident in Marieta, you don’t have to go through it alone. The experienced Marieta car accident lawyers at the Law Offices of Matthew C. Hines, Atlanta, are here to help. We will fight for you to get the compensation you deserve, so you can focus on healing and moving on with your life.
Call us today at 770-766-4188 for a free consultation. We’re here to help you get your life back on track.
Related Article: 5 CAR ACCIDENT STATISTICS THAT WILL OPEN YOUR EYES
What to Do After a Car Crash in Marietta, GA
A car accident is a jarring experience that can leave you shaken and unsure of what to do next. However, it’s important to stay calm and take the following steps to ensure your safety and protect your rights.
- Move your vehicle out of the traffic flow if you can. Then, call 911 and request medical assistance, even if you don’t think you have been injured. Once the police arrive, get a copy of the accident report.
- Next, exchange insurance information with the other driver. Take photos of the scene of the accident and any damage to your vehicle. You should also get the contact information for witnesses who saw what happened.
- Finally, contact an experienced Marieta car accident attorney who can help you navigate the insurance claims process and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Our Marieta car accident lawyers will investigate every detail to prove who is at fault. Although we prefer you let us do all the work, anything you collect, like photographs or witness statements, will help.
Related Article: STEPS TO TAKE AFTER A CAR ACCIDENT IN A RENTAL VEHICLE
What Types of Compensation Can I Receive After a Car Accident in Marieta?
The amount of compensation you may be entitled to receive after a car accident will depend on the specific facts and circumstances of your case. Generally speaking, you may be able to recover economic and noneconomic damages.
- Economic damages are those that have a specific monetary value attached to them, such as medical bills, lost wages, and property damage.
- Noneconomic damages are more subjective, such as pain and suffering, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment of life.
If the other driver was acting recklessly or negligently, you might also be able to recover punitive damages, which are designed to punish the at-fault driver and deter similar behavior in the future.
The car accident lawyers at the Law Offices of Matthew C. Hines, Atlanta, will work tirelessly to get you the full amount of compensation you are entitled to receive. We will fight for your rights every step of the way.
Related Article: WHERE DO MOST CAR ACCIDENTS HAPPEN?
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Filing a Car Accident Lawsuit in Marieta?
If you have been in a car accident, it’s important to act quickly. In the state of Georgia, the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury lawsuit is two years from the date of the accident. This means that you only have two years to take legal action. You will likely be barred from recovering compensation if you wait too long. There are some exceptions to this rule, however, so it is important to speak with an experienced Marieta car accident attorney to determine if you may still be able to file a lawsuit.
Contact Hines Law today to schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced Marieta car accident lawyers. We will review your case and help you understand your legal options.
Who’s at Fault in a Car Accident in Georgia?
In the state of Georgia, whoever is responsible for causing a car accident will be held liable for the damages that result. This is because Georgia is what is known as a “fault state,” as opposed to a “no-fault state.”
In a no-fault state, insurance companies would cover the damages regardless of who was at fault for the accident. However, in a fault state like Georgia, it is the responsibility of the driver who caused the accident to cover the costs.
This means that if you are involved in a car accident in Georgia, it is crucial to determine who was at fault so that you can seek compensation from the responsible party.
The key to every car accident claim is negligence. If anyone acted in a negligent way – whether through speeding, distracted driving, or anything else – then that person is likely at fault for the accident.
As such, if you can prove that the other driver was acting negligently, you should be able to receive compensation for any damages that resulted from the accident.
Determining who is at fault for a car accident can be complex. That’s why it’s important to have a skilled car accident lawyer on your side who can help you gather evidence and build a strong case.
What Are the Common Causes of Car Accidents in Marieta?
There are many different factors that can contribute to a car accident. However, some causes are more common than others. Some of the most common causes of car accidents in Marieta include:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Reckless driving
- Poor road conditions
- Weather conditions
If you have been involved in a car accident, it’s crucial to determine the cause of the accident. This will be key to building a strong case and recovering the full amount of compensation you are entitled to.
With our Marietta car accident law firm on your side, you can rest assured that your case is in good hands.
Related Article: 5 MOST COMMON CAR ACCIDENTS IN GEORGIA
What Is the Average Settlement for a Car Crash Claim?
Most insurance companies will offer a settlement for a car accident claim within a few weeks of the accident. However, the average settlement amount can vary depending on the accident’s severity and damage.
For example, if you were involved in a minor fender bender with no injuries, you might receive a few hundred dollars. However, your settlement could be much higher if you were seriously injured and missed work.
If the other driver was at fault, their insurance company may be required to pay punitive damages. As a result, it is important to speak with an experienced attorney who can help you determine the fair value of your claim. Only then will you be able to negotiate a fair settlement with the insurance company.
Our Marieta car accident lawyers team has achieved significant results for our clients, and we’re ready to put our experience to work for you.
Do I Have a Valid Car Accident Claim?
You must prove that the other driver was at fault to have a valid car accident claim. This can be difficult to do independently, so having an experienced attorney is important.
You must also prove you suffered damages due to the accident. This could include medical bills, lost wages, property damage, etc. If you’re not sure whether you have a valid claim, our team can help. We offer free initial consultations to get the answers and guidance you need.
We have helped victims of:
- Head-on accidents: These are some of the most dangerous types of collisions. They often occur when one driver veers into oncoming traffic or crosses the center line.
- Rear-end accidents: These crashes happen when one driver hits the back of another vehicle. They are often caused by distracted driving, following too closely, or brake light issues.
- Side-impact collisions: Also known as T-bone accidents, these crashes happen when the front of one vehicle hits the side of another.
- Single-car accidents: These collisions can be caused by many factors, such as poor road conditions, mechanical issues, or driver error.
- Drunk driving accidents: These accidents are 100% preventable. You may be entitled to punitive damages if drunk drivers hit you.
- Whiplash: This is a common injury that occurs in rear-end collisions. It happens when the head and neck are suddenly jerked forward and back.
- Tire failure: This can be caused by many factors, such as bald tires, potholes, or debris in the road.
- Defective auto parts: If a defective auto part has caused your accident, you may have a product liability claim.
Do I Have to Go to Trial for a Car Crash Case?
If you’ve been in a car crash, you may wonder whether you’ll have to go to trial to receive compensation for your damages. The answer depends on the circumstances of your case.
If the other driver was clearly at fault and there was little disagreement about the crash’s facts, your case will likely settle out of court. However, your case may go to trial if liability is disputed or a large amount of money is at stake.
In either situation, you should have an experienced car accident lawyer on your side to protect your rights and ensure you receive the full compensation you deserve.
Contact our office today for a free consultation. We can help you understand your legal options and make the best decision for your case.
Related Article: 7 MOST COMMON INJURIES IN GEORGIA CAR ACCIDENTS
Is It Worth Hiring a Car Accident Lawyer in Marietta?
While there is no simple answer to this question, there are a few factors to consider.
- If you were not at fault for the accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, property damage, and lost wages. An experienced lawyer can help you navigate the insurance claims process and negotiate with the other driver’s insurance company to get the maximum compensation possible.
- If the other driver was at fault for the accident and does not have adequate insurance coverage, you may be able to sue them directly to recover damages. A lawyer can help you determine whether this is a viable option in your case.
- Hiring a lawyer can still be beneficial even if you are not eligible for monetary damages. A lawyer can help ensure that the other driver is held accountable for their actions and help protect your rights.
In some cases, lawyers can also help reduce court costs and fees associated with car accidents. While there is no one-size-fits-all answer to whether it is worth hiring a car accident lawyer in Marietta, many factors can make it worthwhile to consult with an experienced attorney after an accident.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Marietta Car Accident Attorney?
The cost of hiring a Marietta car accident attorney depends on several factors, including the specific facts of your case and the lawyer’s experience.
In most cases, lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, which means they only get paid if you win your case. The contingency fee is typically a percentage of the total damages you are awarded.
For example, if you are awarded $100,000 in damages, and your lawyer charges a 33% contingency fee, you would owe the lawyer $33,000.
Some lawyers will also charge an hourly rate, which means you would be responsible for paying the lawyer for each hour they work on your case, regardless of whether you win or lose.
The cost of hiring a lawyer can also vary depending on the specific services they provide. For example, some lawyers may charge a flat fee for consultation, while others may provide a free consultation but charge for other services, such as drafting demand letters or negotiating with insurance companies.
The cost of hiring a car accident lawyer in Marietta will vary depending on your case’s specific facts and circumstances. Reach out to us for a free consultation to discuss the specific cost of your case.
Related Article: SHOULD YOU PROVIDE A RECORDED STATEMENT AFTER A CAR ACCIDENT?
Talk to a Car Accident Attorney in Marietta, GA Today!
If you were injured in a car accident, contact the Marietta car accident lawyers at the Law Offices of Matthew C. Hines, Atlanta, today to schedule a free consultation. Our experienced personal injury attorneys have a proven track record of success in car accident cases and will fight to get you the maximum compensation possible. Call us now at 770-766-4188 or contact us online to get started.