Conditional Green Card 2017-03-08T23:58:11+00:00


Our law firm works fast to protect a person’s constitutional rights. If you or a loved one has been detained or is facing any type of legal action, please call us immediately.

Make An Appointment

Understanding a Conditional Green Card

Remove Conditions on Your Green Card by Filing Jointly

If an immigrant has a green card that was received by marrying a citizen of the United States or a Lawful Permanent Resident, the duration of the marriage will determine their green card’s validity. If a couple has a marriage of at least two years when their application is approved, then the applicant will receive a permanent resident status without any conditions. However, if a couple has a marriage of less than 2 years at the time their application is approved, then a conditional green card will be issued. For more information contact our green card attorney.

Immigration Marriage Fraud Amendments

An immigrant and their spouse must file in order to have conditions removed from his or her green card. This filing must take place within 90 days of the 2nd anniversary of the date when permanent residency was granted. Form I-751 should be used to file and typically, both spouses will need to file this form jointly in order to have the immigrant’s conditions removed from their green card.

While this process might seem simple in theory, it can be extremely complex. The nature of some marital relationships can frequently mean situations that are very complicated which could impact the application. Typical problems that could arise include the following:

  • The couple is separated, but still legally married
  • The couple is married, but there is no cooperation from the other spouse
  • The couple does not have documents that are joint
  • The immigrant has been convicted of a criminal offense or has been arrested
  • The couple never filed the required I-751 form.

Immigration Attorney for Green Card Renewal

We have attorneys who are very experienced with these situations and the various issues that can result. Because there are drastic consequences that result when an I-751 is denied, it is important that you are informed and have a realistic understanding of your situation. Whether you have a complex or fairly routine case, the experts in our office can help assist in in the filing of your application for a permanent green card. Give us a call for help now.

Visit our office and present all information to Immigration Attorney Matthew C. Hines, who will check your rights to US citizenship.

Green Card Condicional

El matrimonio es una estrategia usada por muchas personas para conseguir la ciudadanía estadounidense permanente. Sin embargo, hay que tener presente que el tiempo que durará la Green Card para esta persona, está determinada directamente por la duración del matrimonio. Si el matrimonio lleva al menos dos años, el solicitante, tendrá derecho a su estatus de residencia permanente incondicional en los Estados Unidos; en caso contrario, es decir, que la unión tenga menos de dos años, el beneficiario tendrá derecho a una residencia condicional en los Estados Unidos.

Es necesario presentar el formulario conocido como I-751, para demostrar que el matrimonio está fuera de sospecha por fraude, es decir, que se efectuó expresamente para evadir las leyes migratorias de los Estados Unidos, y cancelar de este modo, el estatus de residencia condicional. Es preciso tener en cuenta cada caso, para poder actuar de modo correcto al momento de realizar la solicitud de remoción de las condiciones. El equipo de abogados de Matthew C. Hines, con su vasta experiencia en este tipo de casos, resueltos de manera exitosa, lo guiará para conseguir que el resultado sea satisfactorio y pueda alcanzar la anhelada ciudadanía permanente en Estados Unidos.

Existen una serie de criterios que hacen que su caso sea viable en materia de remoción de la ciudadanía condicional en Estados Unidos, dentro de estos pueden mencionarse los siguientes:

  • Si la unión aun está vigente luego de haber pasado más de dos años (del mismo modo los hijos del solicitante pueden incluirse si recibieron el estatus de residencia condicional en la misma fecha que el padre, o dentro de los 90 días siguientes a la misma)
  • Si es menor de edad el solicitante y puede demostrar una razón válida adicional
  • Si ha quedado en estado de viudez dentro del matrimonio efectuado legalmente, es decir, con la buena fe de ambas partes
  • Si se casó obrando de buena fe, pero el matrimonio fue disuelto, es decir, hubo divorcio
  • Si se casó de buena fe y legalmente, pero su conyugue ha ejercido algún tipo de maltrato o actos contra la dignidad humana en contra de la pareja o sus hijos.

Hay que tener en cuenta que el fin del estatus de ciudadanía permanente condicional, puede acarrear consecuencias legales. Por ello resulta importante asesorarse bien, por parte de abogados expertos en temas migratorios. Matthew C. Hines y su equipo están para ayudarlo en este delicado tema.

Monday – Friday 8:30AM-5:00PM


“I am very thankful for the service I was given and quickness in receiving the compensation fast.”
“Estoy muy agradecida por el servicio que me brindaron y la rapidez en apresurar la compensación recibida.”

Esneda L.

“I was amazed at how fast and how thorough everyone was with my case. They worked so hard for my case and the outcome was so amazing! All the staff was so friendly and attentive to my needs. I can’t thank you enough for all your help”

Deja N.

“I was satisfied with their service. Gave company time to handle their business on their end before I decided to call to keep a update of what was going on. They were referred to me and I’m really glad I went with the recommendation. Thank You!!!!!”

Robert P.

“I love how Mrs. Maria always came to service me wherever I was. She always went over and beyond for me and my family. Plus every time I called to check on my case someone always assist me with updated answer. Thank you very much Hines Law!”

Terralyn S.

“The staff was very friendly and helpful. I was impressed with the concern they showed for my physical well being as well as my compensation for my injuries! Kudos!!”

Kara R.

Contact Our Attorneys Directly